New in the version of 21-06-2016
- Initial release
Access to the API
- To use the API a special key (API key) is necessary. You will receive this key after you have completed your registration.
- You must secure access to your account using the username and password against third parties. In particular you must keep the password strictly confidential. Plotwise may assume that all actions undertaken from your account after logging in with your username and password is authorized and supervised by you. This means you are liable for these actions, unless and until you have notified Plotwise that someone else knows your third party.
- In addition you must keep the API key strictly confidential and use the same only for your own use of the API. Third parties may not use your API key without separate permission of Plotwise.
Grant of permission
- For as long as you adhere to all terms and conditions of this document, Plotwise hereby grants you permission to use the API for your websites, applications and other services.
- It is forbidden to use the API of Plotwise for acts that would violate a person's privacy or relevant data protection law, any purpose in a context of racist or discriminatory content, any use in a context of erotic or pornographic content (even if legal), any use in a context encouraging hacking, cybercrime and the like, as well as any other activity is in violation of Dutch or other applicable laws and regulations
- Use of the API must be fair to other users ('fair use policy'). In particular your use should not deviate in an extreme manner from the average. In addition Plotwise can temporarily limit or suspend the API in case of maintenance, disruptions or abuse.
- You are free to present the data obtained using the API at your own discretion and using your own layout on sites and services under your control.
- If desired you may accompany the presentation of data obtained from the API with the name and/or logo of Plotwise. In any event is it strictly forbidden to use the name or logo of Plotwise to create the impression you are part of Plotwise or have a special status or relationship with Plotwise.
- Data obtained using the API may be kept in a temporary cache if such caching is necessary to reduce unnecessary repeat queries. You must take the usual measures against outdated data in the cache .
- Should Plotwise discover that you violate any of the above, or receive a valid complaint alleging the same, Plotwise may limit or suspend your access to the API until the violation has been ended.
Availability and maintenance
- Plotwise uses its best efforts to have the service available at all times, but is only willing to make specific guarantees if a separate Service Level Agreement is concluded with Plotwise.
- Plotwise may from time to time adapt Plotwise and the API definition. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome but ultimately Plotwise decides which adaptations to carry out (or not).
- The service of Plotwise, the accompanying software as well as all information and images on the website is the intellectual property of Plotwise. None of these items may be copied or used without prior written permission of Plotwise, except and to the extent permitted by mandatory law.
- Information you store or process using the API or Plotwise is and remains your property (or the property of your suppliers or licensors). Plotwise receives a limited license to use this information for the service, including for future aspects thereof. You can cancel this license by removing the information in question and/or terminating the agreement.
- If you send information to Plotwise, for example a bug report or suggestion for improvement, you grant Plotwise a perpetual and unlimited license to use this information for the service. This does not apply to information you expressly mark as confidential.
- Plotwise shall refrain from accessing data you store or transfer using Plotwise, unless this is necessary for a good provision of the service or Plotwise is forced to do so by law or order of competent authority. In these cases Plotwise shall use its best efforts to limit access to the information as much as possible.
Compensation for API access
- Access to the API requires, unless agreed otherwise, payment of a fee per call.
- Payment shall be made according to the Plotwise general terms.
Terms and termination
- The Plotwise service level agreement is applicable on this agreement.
- The Plotwise general terms are applicable on this agreement.
- This agreement enters into force as soon as your registration has been completed and then remains in force until terminated.
- If you entered into this agreement as a consumer, you may terminate the agreement at any time with a notice period of one month, calculated from the moment of the notice. Non-consumers can terminate the agreement with a notice period of two months.
- Plotwise is entitled to terminate the agreement if you have not called the API at all in the last 18 months. In such an event Plotwise shall first send a reminder mail to the e-mail address connected to your account.